I worked for 3 different companies when I was driving in Kuwait and Iraq. I enjoied working for all three. But I have to say that out of the 3, the one that treated me the best was IAP. With PWC (Agility) being tossed out on their tails due to their overcharging and misconduct on contracts in Kuwait, Iraq, and Afghanistan, IAP is looking for 35 drivers to run the mail mission in Kuwait and lower Iraq. I have been wanting to go back overseas to drive ever since I cam home in 2006 to do the book promotion. Due to the shattering of both of my wrists last year, that is a desire that will not be fulfilled. So since I get asked the question, “Who is hiring over there?” all the time, I am passing this information along. They are going to be looking for this to happen real quick. Even though they are looking for drivers that have already “been there and done that”, it would not hurt to those that have not to go ahead and apply. You never know what could happen.
Here is the listing and job description on the IAP web site.
Truck Driver, Heavy Lift
Requisition ID: 9820
Full / Part Time: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
# of Openings: 35
Purpose: Provide Heavy Lift transportation for U.S. Mail as well as Logistical support for Middle East AOR (Kuwait / Iraq)
Description: Semi-Trailer TRUCK DRIVERs are required for providing U.S. military mail delivery services in Kuwait and Southern Iraq. Driver may load and unload truck, make minor mechanical repairs, and keep truck in good working order. Drivers may travel distances that will not allow them to return to the departure point in the same workday. Must be able to drive standard shift or semi-automatic shift vehicles. Must be physically capable of working 14 hour days in extreme heat conditions. Drivers are required to enter a probable hostile environment on a regular basis and must be fully aware and prepared to undertake these mission tasks upon employment hire.
Duties Will Include:
1. Punctual delivery of U.S. military mail to their respective locations
2. Collection of military mail from airhead
3. Completion of all official U.S. military mail documentation
4. Completion of IAPWS company documentation
5. Vehicle distribution Centre duties
6. Vehicle recovery and replacement duties
7. Conforming to military and IAPWS HSE policies
8. Undertaking vehicle mission readiness pre-vehicle checks and trailer checks
9. Conveyance of vehicles and trailers for service or repair
10. Undertake all operational duties in relation to the U.S. military mail mission
Knowledge: Considerable knowledge of the job. Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job, and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
Minimum Education and Experience: High School Diploma; 10 years minimum driving experience.
1. Must be U.S. Citizen
2. Must have valid U.S. Passport (with at least one year remaining before expiration)
3. Must have current and valid Class A Commercial Drivers License
4. Must provide proof of current DOT compliant Physical Examination (within last 6 months).
1. Previous overseas Heavy lift trucking experience
2. Active security clearance
3. Vehicle maintenance experience